Friday, May 10, 2013

English Ten period 2

I-Search Work As you prepare for your I-Search Paper, do the following: 1. What topic are you interested in? Write out in the following way: I am interested in.... 2. Why are you interested in this topic? Discuss the reasons in a paragraph. 3. What do you know about the topic? Next, read the sample I-Search paper hyperlinked to the right. Clink on the Title How Memories Are Made. Read the "I-Search paper, "How Memories Are Made. It is written by a student, Michiko Yamato. then respond to the following questions: 1. What special object inspired Michiko to do his I search paper? 2. What does the first paragraph of the paper do? What is its purpose? 3. What kinds of evidence does Michiko use in the "I Search" paper? 4. Who does Michiko interview? 5. How is the paper organized? that is what does the second section do? What about the third and fourth? If you can, write out the order the paper follows. Be prepared to discuss on Tuesday. Also, bring one article on Tuesday, so we may start Annotated Bibliographies in class.

No comments: